You may wonder what the Word has to do with working out or how to incorporate one with the other. We will begin by determining what exactly is the Word. Of course, another term for the Bible, it is the Book of Life, it is our daily inspiration, our communication with God, our message from God. The Word is a living book. It is alive and like no other book, when we engage and read it, it gives us life.
In comparing the two, bodily exercise is our physical workout while the Living Word is our spiritual workout. The Word gives us strength and stamina to keep up our somatic workout and encourage healthy living in mind, body and spirit.
Verses for the Mind
- Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect – Romans 12:2
- Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things – Philippians 4:8
- How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them. – Psalm 139:17
Verses for the Body
- Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own – 1 Corinthians 6:19
- But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” – Matthew 4:4
- I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.- Romans 12:1
Verses for the Spirit
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. – Galations 5:22-23
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15:13
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. – 2 Timothy 1:7
God’s Word encourages us to be healthy in mind, body and spirit by giving us guidance and direction. Read with diligence and pray without ceasing. Incorporate the Word into every aspect of your life for a fail-free strategy to a fruitful life.